Ionic 5 React Full App in Capacitor- best of both Ionic and React
“Ionic 5 React Capacitor Full App” is a multipurpose high-quality starter app template, which gives you everything like components, plugins & examples, to build pixel perfect iOS and Android apps. It represents the culmination of several months of research and hard work packing several different frameworks into a powerful UI Design System and starter for every developer.
What is Ionic?
You probably already know about Ionic, but I’m putting it here just for the sake of beginners. Ionic is a hybrid mobile app development SDK. It provides tools and services for developing hybrid mobile apps using Web technologies like CSS, HTML5, and Sass. In other words — If you create Native apps in Android, you code in Java. If you create Native apps in iOS, you code in Obj-C or Swift. Both of these are powerful but complex languages. With Cordova (and Ionic) you can write a single piece of code for your app that can run on both iOS and Android (and windows!), that too with the simplicity of HTML, CSS, and JS.
It is important to note the contribution of the Cordova/Capacitor in this. Ionic is only a UI wrapper made up of HTML, CSS and JS. So, by default, Ionic cannot run as an app in an iOS or Android device. Cordova/Capacitor is the build environment that containerizes (sort of) this Ionic web app and converts it into a device installable app, along with providing this app access to native APIs like Camera etc.
Capacitor — How is it different from Cordova?
This section is relevant to only those who have been working with Ionic / Cordova for some time. Cordova has been the only choice available for Ionic app developers for quite some time. Cordova helps build Ionic web app into a device installable app.
Capacitor is very similar to Cordova, but with some key differences in the app workflow
Here are the differences between Cordova and Capacitor (You’ll appreciate these only if you have been using Cordova earlier, otherwise you can just skip)
- Capacitor considers each platform project a source asset instead of a build time asset. That means, Capacitor wants you to keep the platform source code in the repository, unlike Cordova which always assumes that you will generate the platform code on build time
- Because of the above, Capacitor does not use
config.xmlor a similar custom configuration for platform settings. Instead, configuration changes are made by editing
AndroidManifest.xmlfor Android and
- Capacitor does not “run on device” or emulate through the command line. Instead, such operations occur through the platform-specific IDE. So you cannot run an Ionic-capacitor app using a command like
ionic run ios. You will have to run iOS apps using Xcode, and Android apps using Android studio
- Since platform code is not a source asset, you can directly change the native code using Xcode or Android Studio. This give more flexibility to developers
In essence, Capacitor is like a fresh, more flexible version of Cordova.
Ionic Angular apps are supported by both Cordova and Capacitor build environments. Same is not true for Ionic React apps — Ionic React apps are only supported by Capacitor build environment. Hence, if you want to build apps in Ionic React, you need to use Capacitor to build the app on the device.
What is Ionic React?
Ionic React is native React version of Ionic Framework, the free, open-source SDK powering millions of mission-critical apps all over the world. It’s everything you need to ship award-winning apps for any platform, with React. Ionic React projects are just like React projects, leveraging react-dom and with setup normally found in a Create React App (CRA) app. Deploy your Ionic React projects to native iOS, Android, Electron, and the web as a Progressive Web App, using Capacitor, a modern native runtime. All with one shared codebase. At the end of the day, it’s just React. Ionic React uses open web standards and built-in browser capabilities, so it’s compatible with any of the millions of web libraries out there.
Why is Ionic React needed
Historically, Ionic has been associated with Angular, but this changed with Ionic 4. Developers can now use the Ionic app development framework alongside any frontend framework. React developers already have React Native to make native apps for iOS and Android, but with Ionic React they will also be able to create hybrid mobile, desktop, and progressive web apps.
- Though it is possible to import the core Ionic components directly into React projects, this method does not provide a good developer experience. Also, when working with web components in React, you need to write some boilerplate code to properly communicate with the web components.
- Ionic React will essentially work as a “thin wrapper” around the core components of Ionic and will export them as native React components. It will also handle the boilerplate code for you.
- Clients: Get your next app built by developers using Ionic React Capacitor Full App. This way you save tonnes on UI development, and significantly on major features like Firebase integration, and many other native plugin integrations. Approximate savings can run in thousands of dollars per app.
- Designers: Customization of layout has no limit with Ionic. You don’t even have to modify a complicated widget. It is pretty clean and simple to start your own customization and create a satisfactory design.
Take your app development to the next leveI using this starter app template. Check all the features, designs and beautiful components that you can use in your iOS and Android apps. You will be able to use this Ionic React Capacitor starter as an iOS app, an Android app, a web app or as a PWA!
This Ionic 5 Template includes lots of Ionic 5 components coded the React way and features that you will love. Across this documentation, we will explain to you how to use each of them.
100% Flexible and Customizable
The template includes lots of pages, features and components but you are free to use just what you need and delete the code you don’t. The code structure is super modularized so you will find easy to modify the code to fit your needs.
- Firebase Auth — Login, Signup , Forgot password
- Firebase CRUD functionality
- Filtering list
Popular and useful layouts
- 50+ layouts and modules
- Netflix, WhatsApp, Instagram layouts
- Various list and grid layouts
- Logins and Cards layouts
- Cards list
- Horizontal Sliders
- Event cards
- Large cards
- Cards grid — X2
- Shop products layout
- Cards grid — X1
- Image Grid
- Masonry grid
Chats and Chat lists
Variety of chat layouts
- Whatsapp chat layout
- Includes image, map and video options
- (…) typing animation
Variety of Native functionality
- Video Player and Play Youtube Channel Playlist
- Fused Location & Geolocation
- Local Notifications & Push Notification
- Admob, FaceBook Login , social sharing
- Modals, Sweet Alerts,Toast
- Downloader,Copy to Clipboard
Ionic 5 React Full App comes with complete documentation for installation, feature integration, and details of each feature. You can check the documentation here:
Ever since the release of Ionic 4, it is popular for being platform agnostic. Ionic 5 is now compatible with VanillaJS…enappd.gitbook.io
Plus there is always support available at enappd.com. You can generate a ticket for your query and we will revert within 24 hrs. You can also drop an email at email@example.com for help anytime.
Two way to use this Template
Once you purchase the starter, you have all the code to your disposal. You can modify the app any way you want, but here are two major ways it can be done.
1. Use the Full App as a base to create your app
This means that the template is itself an Ionic React Capacitor app, so you don’t need to create another app. You can use the template app as a base for your app and just delete the pages you don’t want, and add what is missing.
If you plan to use many of the pages and features offered by the template, then we suggest you to go with this option.
For example, if you are looking to create a Netflix like homepage, use the Netflix page layout, the login page, attach it to Firebase using firebase features, chat page etc for the major structure. Delete other pages which are not required
2. Import Full App pages into an existing Ionic React Capacitor app
If you only want to use some specific pages or components and you already have an existing Ionic 4 app. e.g. You want to import the Netflix Layout page into your other app. You will find detailed steps to carry out this operation in the product documentation.
VIDEOS FOR IONIC 5 REACT FULL APP
- Installation and Firebase Integration- How to setup Ionic 5 React Full App on a Mac. The steps for Windows are also pretty similar.
2. Android Build- How to setup Ionic 5 React Full App on Device/Emulator
3. IOS Build- How to setup Ionic 5 React Full App on Device/Simulator
Why use a template at all?
There are several benefits of making your app from a template like above. Let’s go through the key benefits
- Cheaper — You save thousands of dollars spent in UI development. This is a crucial phase where a majority of startups end up spending most of their time and money. Designing a feature from scratch is not worth if you can just pick the feature off the shelf for fraction of the price.
- Faster — You save weeks (if not months) of time which you would otherwise spend on designing and developing your app’s UI. Faster time to market is often the deal maker for an app startup.
- Keep your team smaller — If you are an early stage startup, and the co-founders are not developers, it is not wise to hire separate developers for UI designing, and then UI development on different devices. Using a hybrid app (same technology for both iOS and Android) halves your problem, but you would still love to have an off-the-shelf template. This way you can jump to feature integration directly and keep your team smaller
- Standard and Bug-free — One of the biggest advantages of using a good app template is the standard feature and code structure. It is often seen that the founding team develops an app with whatever they know. This results in a badly written (although working) code. Instead, you can use an off-the-shelf code written with proper standards, and mostly bug-free. You cut costs, save time and get better quality code. How much more can one ask for!
- Standard features — Other than great code standards, you get standard features already working and device tested in templates. E.g. A tinder card format has been a popular layout for the past many years. Creating the layout on your own from scratch is not worth if you can just pick it up from an app template like Ionic 5 Full App.
We have a detailed post on the advantages of templates on our website.
To get a more realistic hands-on experience of Ionic 5 React Full App, you can download the demo APK which is available on the product page. For the quick reference, the link is given over here.
This template is built using Ionic 5+ React + Capacitor Frameworks. It has everything you need to jump-start your app development in these frameworks. You will see the ease of React coding, with the ease of Ionic app development, along with flawless app building with Capacitor.
Get Ionic React Capacitor Full App and enjoy lots of carefully designed pages with the most popular and required functionalities!
Ionic 4 React Full App provides you a variety of layouts and options to integrate in your apps. Get the complete…store.enappd.com
FOUND THIS POST INTERESTING?
Google Login in Ionic React Capacitor Apps In this post, you'll learn how to implement Google login in your Capacitor…enappd.com
Twitter login in Ionic React Capacitor App In this post, you'll learn how to implement Twitter login in your Capacitor…enappd.com
Implement AdMob in Ionic React Capacitor Apps This post is done on a special request from one of our thousands readers…enappd.com
Other Products from Enappd:
Ionic 5 Full App provides you a huge number of layouts and options to integrate in your apps. Get the complete starter…store.enappd.com
Create your own Angular Firebase full app with this beautiful Ionic starter. Link your Firebase project with this…store.enappd.com
Get the amazing UI and source code of Grocery Complete Platform for your Ionic 5 project. Start your own Grocery…store.enappd.com
Start your own Taxi booking startup now with a complete MVP solution in Ionic 4. This package contains a user booking…store.enappd.com
Get the amazing UI and source code of video Streaming app for your React Native project. Start your own Video Streaming…store.enappd.com
Use this awesome Dating App Template in your React Native app and start your own Tinder. Integrate your app with any…store.enappd.com
Get the latest and amazing React Native Full App. It is loaded with a large number of options, layouts, and…store.enappd.com
This React Native Firebase Chat starter gives you all chat functionalities for your own chat app. Kick-start your react…store.enappd.com